Today we went to see The Inbetweeners Movie (that is the title of the movie) so here is my review of The Inbetweeners Movie.
- It has the word ‘clunge’ in it, but this feels overdone, even though it’s not used much. Familiarity breeds irritation with a word you once found funny, it seems.
- It’s more soppy that you’d expect, and clearly draws a line in the ground to say ‘this is it, we’re not making any more’. I’m fine with that. Peep Show should have done the same years ago.
- It suffers from the same problems as, for example, The Simpsons Movie and the Futurama 1.5 hour episodes – it just feels like a long episode and you get a bit antsy and bored after a bit.
- It’s funny enough to keep me laughing throughout.
- Some scenes, like the stolen sunbeds one, are a bit overplayed.
- There are a lot of naked bottoms, nipples and a couple of cocks in it. Just an observation.
- The dancing scene, which you may have seen in trailers, goes from reasonably funny to really rather funny quite quickly.
- The dancing scene is my entire life.
- No really, it is.
- The likelihood of four misfits meeting four hot girls willing to talk to them at all is very low. I am all for suspension of disbelief, but as I judge the series to be essentially a documentary on What School Was, it’s a bit jarring to see very Hollywood elements like these introduced.
Well, that’s all you’re getting out of me. It was quite good, though not brilliant. Well worth the nothing I paid to see it, though the normal, non-premier seats did mean I was hideously uncomfortable after an hour or so.